Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Pleasant Embarrassment

A couple of days ago i had to go to the Engineering Syndicate (نقابة المهندسين) to register. The lady in charge of my paperwork to be done there was super friendly. Any missing thing she'd find a way around and she kept smiling at me telling me consistently that she's at my service, and even if i want to come later to submit the missing photos that would be fine, i should come in the time i please, everyone here is here to serve me ...
the usual reaction you tend to get when faced by such friendliness from governmental employees is that they want to be tipped ... so i seized the moment in which we were semi-alone next to one booth where we submit the photos for the id's and i tried to give her a 5 pound note while saying 'thank you'
she FREAKED! took a step back and told me:
أستغفر الله العظيم ... عيب يا حبيبي انت زي إبني

i can't remember feeling that embarrassed in any recent time ... or distant. But one thing for sure i was also feeling really happy ... good people still exist in this country!

1 comment:

Ice Queer said...

Lol r u serious? =D
I always loved female govermental employees! They r so funny and make me smile with their scenarios =D